Deep tissue oil massage therapy is a treatment approach that is growing. You can estimate it’s demand and popularity with the growing number of spas in the city. This form of therapy involves hands-on techniques. It increases blood circulation, relieves tension, reduces stress and anxiety.
In addition, it also improves sleep and promotes relaxation throughout the entire body. It won’t be an overstatement that deep tissue oil massage has many health benefits.
How Deep Tissue Oil Massage Therapy Works?
The body’s soft tissue areas include the muscles, tendons, connective tissue, etc. If someone is tense and need to relax then this deep tissue oil massage therapy is the best.
However, if you are injured and have extensive muscle and/or nerve tissue damage that plagues your body then deep tissue oil massage therapy can be worth exploring.
So, here are 2 techniques that would help you or your partner relax from headaches and lower blood pressure. Let’s see what they are:
This technique is called Upper Neck Massage.
Place your partner in a comfortable seated position. When you find tension knots, you can apply focused pressure. For the most part, though, keep the pressure firm but not intense.
Also Read: V5 Thai Spa Preview With Thai Girls Pics
Rushing into intense massaging before warming up the muscles can cause your partner to tense up even more under your touch. So warm up muscles. Slide your fingers down the sides of his neck, sweeping over onto the shoulders. Make sure to apply even pressure throughout, running your fingers over the muscles.
This technique is called Toe – To – Head & Head to the Front body.
Begin with the feet. Start massaging the soles of the feet by wrapping both hands around the foot. Use your thumbs to apply pressure.
Work your way up the legs. When you’re done with the feet, move onto the back of the legs. Give each leg a couple of long, relaxing strokes, to begin with. Do it all the way from the calf to the upper thigh. Apply light pressure with both hands, smoothly stretching the skin.
Now there’s one more technique called effleurage.
Move from the lower to the upper back. Use the effleurage technique described above to perform long, soft strokes, going from the top of the glutes to the base of the neck.
- Use a kneading motion to work the large muscles on either side of the spine. These areas tend to build up a lot of tension, so make sure to spend some time here.
- Next, use a “press and release” technique to work your way up the back. When the pressure is released, your partner/client’s brain will release a rush of pleasurable chemicals.
- To work on the knots, use a thumb or single finger to press and release repeatedly around the problem area.
- Use Deep Transverse Frictions technique Very effective method for back pain and pain management.
- Massage the hands and arms. When you’re done with the neck and shoulders, move onto the arms, working on one at a time.
- Use your fingers and thumbs to gently knead the forearms and upper arms.
Health Benefits of Deep Tissue Oil Massage Therapy
- It is relaxing & improves your mood.
- It reduces stress & can boost energy levels. Also, helps lower blood pressure & reduces trigger sources. Anxiety, hostility, tension, and depression are a few to name.
- In turn, lower blood pressure levels can also reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, and/or kidney failure along with many other health issues.
- Deep tissue oil massage promotes muscle relaxation & increases flexibility. Additionally, it promotes blood circulation to the affected or injured muscles. Further, it increases nutrients and oxygen to the damaged tissues.
- This therapy gives major relief in headaches. Often migraines are triggered or exacerbated by stress and poor sleep. Continued sessions of massage therapies can help relieve severe and frequent headaches.
- Very effective for pelvic and menstrual pains in the female. In addition, work well in abdominal fat loss.
- Further, it improves blood circulation and relieves all sorts of body dysfunction.